A Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

I had a bad day today.

I was supposed to wake up for a christmas concert with a new favorite band of mine, but I didn't. Instead, I slept until a friend called me, at the church, looking for peeps. Then I did wash and cleaned up, but didn't even get that all the way done. I showed up later than I wanted to at the church, forgot to take my acoustic, and broke the string on my boss/friend's guitar during the communion song. I messed up on every song we did, felt way out of tune, had a sore throat...

Pretty much everything I said was stupid or useless. I just want to go home already, just for a few days. I miss home. I miss home a lot.

Do you ever have days like that?

It is funny, because it is at these moments that I realize that I am ridiculously blessed... that the only reason I feel lonely is because I know nothing but loving friends and family. The only reason I feel like i could have done better is because I am blessed with talent. There are people going through so much during the holidays, and my problems are not that big. I'll be alright. God is amazing for letting me be where I am.

But it was still a crappy day.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

It wasn't as bad as you think it was. I find I am usually the harshest critic of myself. You were not out of tune, and sometimes strings break - it happens and life goes on. You are amazingly blessed (and a blessing to others) so dont you forget it!